Last Updated: April 5, 2021
The Very Good Food Company Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “VERY”) provide this US Privacy Notice (“US Notice”) to inform you about our practices concerning the collection, use, and disclosure of information. By using the website located at https://us.verygoodbutchers.com/ (including subdomains) (the “Site”), all portals, applications, features, or services of the Site, , including purchasing our products (the “Products”) through the Site (collectively “Services”), you agree to the information practices described in this US Notice. If you do not agree to terms of this US Notice, you may not access or use the Site or Services. This US Notice applies solely to visitors of our Site and users of our Services who reside in the United States. If you are a resident of the State of California, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents which supplements this general US Notice. In this US Notice, the terms "you", "user" and "your" refer to a visitor of our Site or user of the Products (or of our Services) and the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to VERY.
Please read this US Notice carefully before using our Site. We may also update or modify this US Notice at any time by posting our revised US Notice to our Site.
Collection of Information
When you use our Site or Services, we may collect certain information from you, which can be used to contact or identify you, including your name, home address, home phone number, gender, date of birth, and email address (“Identity Information”). If you place an order for Products or Services, we will collect additional payment and billing information from you, including your credit or debit card information or bank account information (“Billing Information”). If you create an account while using our Site or Services, we collect information you submit such as your user ID, password, and information related to transactions using your account (“Account Information”).
The Site also uses Google Analytics to gather information about usage of the site. We utilize this information to make educated metric-based decisions to improve the user experience of the Site. You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Together, your Identity Information, Billing Information, Account Information, and Usage Data are referred to as “Personal Information.”
We may also collect aggregate information which tells us about visitors to our Site, but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of our Site are most commonly accessed. The purpose of collecting this aggregate information is to help us administer and improve our Site. Data collected through our Site on an anonymous and aggregated basis helps us measure interest in and use of our Site. We reserve the right use non-personal information we collect for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to providing our analyses based on such anonymous and aggregated data to third parties.
How We May Use Your Information
We may use or disclose information we collect for one or more of the following purposes. We generally use your personal information to:
- create and secure your registered user account;
- identify you as a registered user in our system;
- provide, personalize and improve our Site, Products and Services;
- offer you personalized product and service offerings, such as targeted offers and ads through our Site, third party sites and via email or text-message (where you have consented to receive such messages as required by applicable law);
- communicate with you about our Site, Products and Services;
- help maintain the security and integrity of our Site, Products, Services, databases and other technology assets;
- investigate security breaches, for fraud prevention measures or to investigate potential fraud, or co-operate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter;
- fulfill your requests and provide you with support;
- process transactions and payments and prevent fraud;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to our Site, Products and Services and for our other marketing purposes;
- monitor traffic on our Site;
- solicit your feedback;
- determine the future direction of our Site, including technical upgrades;
- protect, investigate and prevent potentially fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activities;
- protect our rights and the rights of other registered users;
- aggregate and anonymize the personal information;
- evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which Personal Information held by VERY is among the assets transferred; and
- other uses described in this US Notice or in notices we provide to you or as authorized by you.
How We May Share Your Information
We may disclose or share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- protecting our rights and property, including for security breach, loss or fraud prevention, investigation or mitigation purposes;
- protecting the safety of a person or a group of persons;
- with third party service providers and partners that help us to provide our Site, Products and Services, including website hosting, data warehousing, data analysis, event logging, information technology, customer service, payment processing, user analytics and email delivery and messaging;
- with a third party, in the event of a change in ownership of all or a part of us through some form of merger, purchase, sale, lease or amalgamation or other form of business combination;
- with any third party for other purposes identified when the Personal Information is collected, or as permitted or required by law;
- with any third party, where you have provided your consent for such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law; and
- with any third party for other purposes, which have been identified in other sections of this US Notice.
Our Site may contain links to the website of other organizations which may be of interest to you. Similarly, you may be directed to the website of other organizations to perform certain functions provided on our Site. Linked websites are operated by third parties who are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy policies. Please refer to our Terms of Service for further information in relation to links to third party websites.
We use commercially reasonable and appropriate measures, including encryption software, designed to help you secure your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. While we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us. VERY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR THE THEFT, INTERCEPTION, LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR INFORMATION AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU USE THE SITE AND SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that you do not disclose your account access information to third parties. This includes but is not limited to not disclosing such information to anyone, ensuring that sufficient security software is installed and running on your computer, smartphone or tablet, that your network firewall is of sufficient quality and that your wireless connection is encrypted to a degree that will prevent third party access. We are not responsible for any failure by you to secure your own device and its access to the Internet or your use of public, unsecured networks. We are also not responsible for any failure by you to eliminate malware. These failures and others can make you vulnerable to privacy breaches and would put you and your information at risk.
Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the website that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card. It is not a program and cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses.
Cookies can also customize the website to your particular interests or store your personal information – like passwords or user IDs. If a website ever greets you with your name, chances are it’s using a cookie to do so.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie – this gives you the chance to decide whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to change your settings, please use the help function in your browser. The alerts will be quite frequent, however, and may eventually become annoying.
With your permission, the Site utilizes the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc ("Facebook"). This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider's website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remains anonymous. This means we cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
However, the collected data is saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook's Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved to your computer for these purposes.
Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
Our Site and Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with such information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a person under 16 years of age has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our system.
Access to and Corrections of Your Information
If our Site allows you to create an account, your Personal Information is available when you log in to your account and you may correct this information at any time. Otherwise, please direct any such requests by email to email@example.com. We will respond to such requests as required or permitted by applicable law.
We may retain your Personal Information as long as is necessary in order to manage our relationship with you (or fulfill the purposes for which it was collected) or as otherwise permitted by law.
If you have any questions or comments about this US Notice, or would like to submit a request regarding your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all requests as required or permitted by applicable law.