Recipe from @gregsvegangourmet
- 1 package The Very Good Butchers Breakfast Sausage, sliced into bite size pieces
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 sprig thyme
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp corn starch + 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or vegan beef flavoured broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with water until just submerged. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat slightly and cook 8-10 minutes until fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Place vegan butter, potatoes, red onion and red bell pepper into heated pan and cook for 5-8 minutes. Push to one side of the pan.
- Add breakfast sausage into frying pan and let cook for 5 minutes before mixing together with vegetables.
- In a small bowl, stir together corn starch and water. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, add the rest of the gravy ingredients and bring to a simmer. Pour in corn starch mixture and whisk until thickened slightly.
- When potatoes are golden brown and breakfast sausage is cooked through, remove from heat and serve with gravy.
Be sure to share your Vegan Holiday Breakfast Hash with Gravy with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.