PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
YIELD: 25-40 depending on size
Plant-based Potstickers are a food that tell no lies. They're going to stick to your pot while you cook them. There's no way around it, folks. But that's all part of the charm, and this tasty dumpling is made even better with Butcher's Select Ground Pork.
Also known as jiaozi or gyoza, Potstickers are famed for their simplicity and adaptability. Whatever you desire can go into these dumplings. Plant-based Ground Pork goes a long way into making your Potstickers hearty and delicious, and works with every cooked veggie you can imagine.
- 1 pkg Butcher's Select A Cut Above Pork
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 can (227g / 8oz) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, stems discarded and chopped
- ½ bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 pkg dumpling wrappers
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except dumpling wrappers. Mix well.
- Set up a station to wrap your dumplings. You will need: a sheet pan to collect your dumplings, a small bowl of water, your filling, and your dumpling wrappers. Take your dumpling wrapper out of their packaging and cover them with a damp, clean cloth - this prevents them from drying out.
- To fold dumplings, hold the wrapper in one hand, and with the other dip your finger in a bit of water and moisten the outer edge of the dumpling paper.
- Place a tablespoon of your filling inside the dumpling wrapper.
- Fold dumplings as desired - this depends on the shape of your wrappers and the intended final shape of your dumplings. The easiest way is to fold them in half and press the edges together for an airtight seal.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been made into dumplings.
- Cook dumplings as directed below OR freeze them on the sheet pan. Once frozen, store in an airtight freezer safe bag until needed.
To Cook Dumplings:
- In a medium non-stick pan over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp oil, then add dumplings.
- After about 3-4 minutes, once the bottoms of the dumplings begin to brown, add ½ cup water and immediately cover the pan to steam the dumplings.
- After 7-10 minutes, once dumplings are translucent, take the lid off and let the remainder of the water evaporate.
- Once water is evaporated, allow the dumpling to crisp for 3-5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with chili oil or your favorite dipping sauce.
Be sure to share your Quick & Easy Potstickers with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.
Shop all the plant based meat