There is no such thing as too many tacos. So why spice up breakfast and make tacos? Butcher's Select Breakfast Sausages are paired with refried beans, red onion and peppers, and then topped with the classic ingredients. Taco Tuesday, but for breakfast instead. And no, you're not still dreaming.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
YIELD: 4-5 servings
- avocado oil, or other neutral oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 pkg Butcher Select Brekkie Sausages
- 1 can (16oz/453g) refried beans
- 2-3 avocados, sliced
- 8-10 corn tortillas (for tacos) or 4-6 large flour tortillas (for quesadillas)
- lettuce, shredded (if making tacos)
- plant-based sour cream
- In a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, add some oil, once hot add red onion, red peppers, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes or until tender but still slightly crisp.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil and cook brekkie sausage for 4-6 minute, turning regularly. Slice sausage and set aside.
- To make tacos, first heat the refried beans and corn tortillas. To build tacos, spread refried beans on warm tortillas, then top with sausage, red onion and red pepper, avocado, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.
To make quesadillas, spread refried beans on tortilla shells, top with sausage and red onion and red pepper. Fold in half and add to a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until crisp. Serve sliced, topped with avocado, salsa, and sour cream.
Be sure to share your Brekkie Quesadillas OR Tacos with Breakfast Sausage with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.