PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 12 Taquitos
Nothing compare to the crunch of a good taquito. These tubular tacos make for a fun, hand-held treat at any gameday party, and perform best when paired with our sweet and creamy queso.
If you've already eaten all your meatballs, have no fear. Taquito filling can easily be subbed out for any Very Good Butcher product waiting on your bench.
- 1 medium butternut squash, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package Butcher Select Mmm Meatballs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- Oil for shallow frying
Butternut Squash Queso
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- ¾ package Very Good Cheese Co. Cheddah
- ¾ cup unsweetened oat milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
Toppings and Dips (as desired)
- Plant-based sour cream
- Very Good Pico de Gallo
- Green onion, sliced
- Jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or reusable baking liner.
- Place chopped squash on the baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast 30 to 35 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside 2 cups of squash for queso. Add remaining squash to a bowl and set aside.
- In a mid-sized pan over medium-high heat, cook meatballs for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Let cool and chop into small pieces. Add to bowl of squash and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a pan with high sides over medium heat, heat 1 inch of oil for frying.
- Add meatball mixture to 12 corn tortillas. When ready to fry, roll tortilla into a cigar shape. Using heat-safe tongs, place tortilla in oil and hold down to maintain shape. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel and repeat the process with all tortillas.
- In the meantime, combine 2 cups of squash with remaining queso ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth, adding water if necessary.
- Serve taquitos with desired toppings, dips, and queso.
Be sure to share your Taquito Nachos with Butternut Queso with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.
Shop all the plant based meat