PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
YIELD: 4-6 servings
Traditionally a meat and veggie salad from Laos, we’ve given larb the Very Good treatment. Serve on a cabbage leaf to make your larb appeal to the eye as much as the stomach. Also fantastic in a bowl or wrap, this meal of seasoned (plant-based) meat, rice, and touch of tang has stuck around for good reason: it hits the spot, every time.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, outer layer removed, tender stem finely chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minded
- 1 birds eye chili, thinly sliced (if desired)
- 1 pkg Butcher’s Select A Cut Above Pork
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1-2 cup soft chopped herbs, such as mint, cilantro, and/or Thai basil leaves
- tender cabbage leaves or cooked rice to serve
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add oil. Once hot, add lemongrass, shallots, garlic, and birds eye chili. Sauté for 4-6 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add plant-based ground pork and cook for 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Mix well and pour into pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn off heat and stir in peanuts.
- Serve on top of rice or in tender cabbage leaves. Top with fresh herbs.
Be sure to share your Very Good Pork Larb Lettuce Wraps with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.