PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 60+ minutes
YIELD: 24 potato skins
These crispy, cheesy, meaty, plant-based potato skins make a great centerpiece to any game day spread. Very Good Pepperoni gives the recipe an edge over the other snacks on the table, and will ensure their plate empties fastest. Not that it's a competition. But if it was, we know where our money would go.
- 6 russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil plus more for drizzle
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red or yellow peppers, diced
- 1 package Very Good Pepperoni
- 1 ½ cups plant-based shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic salt, to taste
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based, plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Poke holes in the potatoes to let out steam. Add to sheet pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until tender. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mid-sized pan over medium-high heat, add oil and sauté onions, peppers, and pepperoni for 6-10 minutes, or until pepperoni is golden and vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ensure baked potatoes are cooled. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving a ¼" shell. Cut in half lengthways and place on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle potatoes with oil and garlic salt. Bake for 15 minutes, or until they're starting to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and top with pepperoni mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- In the meantime, combine all Cajun Dip ingredients and mix well. Add and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Top potato skins with green onion with cajun dip, and serve.
Be sure to share your Pepperoni Potato Skins with Cajun Dip with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.
Shop all the plant based meat