Satisfy everyone in your saloon with Plant-based Cowboy Queso. Made from veggies, Very Good Taco Stuff’er, and hearty beans, they’ll be talking about this one till the cows come home.
Preparation is a breeze. Pulverize the ingredients in a blender, then fry them up with Taco Stuff’er, beans, and fire roasted tomatoes. Perfect for all your game nights and barn burners.PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 pkg Very Good Taco Stuff’er, cooked according to directions on package
- 1 can (540ml/19oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (225ml/8oz) fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup cooked eggplant, cauliflower, or carrots, or a combination
- ½ cup cashews, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, or a combination
- ½ cup roasted red pepper, skin and seeds removed
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp vinegar (white or apple cider vinegar)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 recipe Quick Guacamole
- plant-based sour cream or All-Purpose Cream
cilantro, lightly chopped
- tortilla chips
- In a medium sized pan over medium-high heat, add oil and once hot, cook Taco Stuff’er for 5-6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add in black beans and fire roasted tomatoes to pan. Set aside.
- In the meantime, make queso. In a blender, combine all queso dip ingredients. Blend on high-speed until very smooth. Scraping down sides as needed. If not blending well, add more water in small amounts.
- Add queso into the pan with Taco Stuff’er, black beans, and fire roasted tomatoes. Heat gently over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until bubbling.
- Pour into the serving dish. Top with guacamole, drizzled with sour cream, and sprinkled with cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Queso can be made up to 4 days ahead and kept refrigerated.
- Prepare Queso ahead of time to bring camping!
Be sure to share your Plant-Based Cowboy Queso with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.