We all love cheeseburgers, but couldn’t responsibly have one every day…until now. Butcher’s Select Ground Beef is a nourishing alternative to traditional beef, and a vibrant lettuce wrap keeps your burger light and refreshing. Coupled with quinoa and Very Good Cheese, this is one burger you won’t want to put down.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
YIELD: 4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup quinoa, soaked if desired
- Vegetable or no-chicken broth
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pkg Butcher's Select A Cut Above Beef
- 2 tbsp plant-based Worcestershire
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 pkg Very Good Cheese Cheddah or Bold Cheddah, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, peeled into lettuce cups
- Pickles, sliced
- Best Burger Sauce
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, replacing water with broth.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 9-in casserole dish.
- In a mid-sized pan over medium heat, add oil and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until translucent. Add plant-based ground beef and cook for 5-7 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Stir into Worcestershire, mustard, cooked quinoa, and 1/2 of the grated cheese. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Add mixture to the casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes before spooning into lettuce cups and topping with pickles and burger sauce.
Be sure to share your Cheeseburger Lettuce Cups with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.