Recipe from @gregsvegangourmet
- 1 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or buckwheat flour if you’re gluten-free)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups Goud AF* Cheese, shredded*
*shred from frozen
- Stir together the non-dairy milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Add melted vegan butter, and non-dairy milk mixture. Stir until it becomes a batter.
- Pour into prepared skillet or pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes (for cast iron skillet) or 18-20 mins (for baking dish) until golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, then slice and enjoy with extra vegan butter.
Be sure to share your Goud AF* Jalapeno Vegan Cornbread with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.