Who doesn't love a lazy Sunday? Baked Breakfast Hash lets you properly enjoy that morning coffee while the oven does most of the work.
This remarkable hash balances sweet potato, chipotle sauce, and BBQ Pulled Jackfruit. The weekend should never be a chore, and this dish ensures the day of rest stays restful.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 65 minutes
YIELD: 3 servings
- 4 tbsp avocado oil, or other oil with a high smoke point, divided
- 4 cups sweet potato (white fleshed), large diced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels, about 2 corn on the cobs
- 1 medium red onion, large diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and large diced
1 pkg BBQ Pulled Jackfruit
- ½ cup plant-based sour cream OR ½ cup All-Purpose Cream
- 2 lime, zested and juice
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 to 2 chipotles en adobo from a can, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Store-bought Egg Substitute, cooked
- 3 Baked Plant-based ‘Egg’
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. And add an empty sheet pan to the oven.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, sweet potato, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Once the oven is hot, remove the sheet pan from the oven. And carefully spread the sweet potato mixture evenly across the hot pan. And bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven, add corn, and use a spatula to mix well. Cook for another 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes begin to crisp.
- In the meantime, using the same mixing bowl from before, combine remaining oil, onion, bell peppers, and BBQ Pulled Jackfruit.
- Once, the sweet potatoes and corn come out of the oven. Turn them once more, make a hole in the middle of the potato mixture, and add the jackfruit mixture and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine all Chipotle Sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Add hash to serving bowls. Top each with a plant-based egg, drizzle with chipotle sauce, garnish with the scallions.
Be sure to share your Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Hash with us using #TheVeryGoodButchers and tagging @theverygoodbutchers.
Shop all the plant based meat