PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
YIELD: 6 servings
Tacos In A Bag, (or "walkin' tacos," for those in the know) are one of those dinners everyone looks forward to. They're literally everything you love about tacos...but in a bag! There are no plates needed and little mess to clean, so once it's all mixed up, feel free to go go for a walk, and see if the neighbors are enjoying the game as much as you.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pkg Very Good Taco Stuff’er
- 1 can (432g / 15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Mexican chili powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 6 individual bags corn chips
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, sliced
- 1 recipe Very Good Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup plant-based shredded cheddar cheese
- Jalapeno, sliced
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- In a medium sized pan over medium high heat, add oil to pan and sauté onion for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add Taco Stuff’er and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Add black beans, Mexican chili powder, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, or until beans are warm.
- Cut chip bags down the side. Crush chips. Mix in 1/6th of ground and bean mixture in each bag. Add desired toppings, and enjoy.
Shop all the plant based meat