PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 0 minutes
YIELD: 3 cups
Pico de Gallo, also known as Salsa Fresca, is an essential for just about every taco related meal, and makes a fantastic dip in its own right. It's the kind of food you'll want to make fresh every time, and this recipe makes the process painless.
- 3 (1 lbs) medium fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeño pepper (stems, ribs, and seeds removed, if less heat is
- Lime, juiced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 pinch ground cumin, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, add all ingredients. Pulse only a few times, just enough to finely dice the ingredients and not enough to purée. OR finely dice by hand.
- Add and adjust seasoning to taste.