PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: - minutes
YIELD: 2 cups
Italian Chimichuri is a Very Good twist on the classic South American sauce, made with herbs, garlic, and just the right amount of sweetness.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 10 stems of fresh thyme, stems discarded
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup spinach
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except olive oil. Process until finely minced.
- Slowly stream in olive oil until mixture is smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.