A family favourite made almost as quickly as its boxed counterpart. Spice up your meal by trying our Plant-based Chili Mac recipe.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 12 minutes
YIELD: 3-4 servings
- 225g (2 cups) macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 block The Very Good Cheese Co. Bold Cheddah or Cheddah
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Cook macaroni noodles according to the package. Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining noodles and setting aside.
- In the same pot over medium heat, add in reserved pasta water and The Very Good Cheese Co. cheese, olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir and heat until smooth and thick, about 4 minutes.
- Add noodles back to pan and stir together. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.