PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour minutes
YIELD: 10 cups
Finding a snack everybody will enjoy is no easy task, but this might be the one. The Very Good Sweet n' Spicy Party Mix has just the right amount of crunch, heat, sweetness, and salt, and looks dang good in a glass bowl too.
- 6 garlic cloves, finely grated
- ½ cup plant-based butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons plant-based Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup (packed) brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 or 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cups rice chex
- 2 cups crispix
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups roasted soy beans or roasted edamame
- 2 cups mixed unsalted nuts (like cashews and almonds)
- Preheat the oven to 250 F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or reusable baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, butter, Worcestershire, hot sauce, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutritional yeast. Mix well.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour mixture onto sheet pan in one even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and bake for another 15 minutes. Continue until everything is crisp, about 60-75 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.