These plant-based egg substitutes can be used for brunch, lunch, and dinner. They also are great for meal prep to add a little more protein and substance to quick meals.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
YIELD: 8 servings
- 1 pkg (~450g) medium tofu, drained
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp plant-based milk
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (optional: added for egg color)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast OR sprinkle black salt (Kala Namak)
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a muffin tin.
- In a blender, combine remaining egg ingredients (tofu, flour, milk, and seasonings). Blend until smooth. If not blending well, add 1-2 more tablespoons of milk.
- Evenly pour mixture into 8 muffin tin holes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing the muffin tin.