PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 0 minutes
YIELD: 1 ½ cups
Make this sauce when you are in a pinch and need a creamy base. A great substitution for sour cream, plain yogurt, and even mayo.
- 1 cup cashews, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- In a high-speed blender, combine nuts or seeds of your choice, hot water, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Carefully, blend on high until very smooth, scraping down sides of the blender as needed. Add a small amount more water if needed to blend.
- Store refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- Can be used as sour cream, cream cheese, cooking cream, or a base for a dip. Add more liquid for a thinner sauce.
- For sour cream, add 2-3 tbsp more apple cider vinegar.
- Hemp seeds have an earthy taste. This can be balanced with a touch of something sweet.